Product Manager, Long Term Roadmap (in Category Organization)
About HP Shopping
Hewlett Packard is the market leader for PC's and printers in the United States.Within the Printing and Personal Systems division (PPS), HP Shopping is HP's direct face to its customers.
The vision for HP Shopping is to become a prime destination for learning more about HP's products and the underlying innovation in the personal computing space, as well as being the place to purchase HP's latest products.
As a Product Manager at HP Shopping, you have full ownership for a line of HP products within the PSG Consumer business.Your mission is to define the assortment and offerings in HP's online store, and extend HP's retail success into the direct business.Winning requires constant attention to a marketplace where change happens in real time.
You will be a member of the Product Category team, which is responsible for driving HP Shopping's business performance for consumer notebooks, desktops, tablets, printers, supplies, and accessories.
The position is located in Boise, ID.
• Own and manage long term planning and assortment decisions for assigned PL including component configuration, pricing, NPI scheduling, SKU creation, and alignment with HP channel, RBU and GBU.
• Apply statistical techniques to develop models for pricing, forecasting, inventory management, and margin optimization.
• Identify/develop metrics/ benchmarks and provide insight and operationalize improvements with eCommerce business.
• Champion the utilization of common processes, data sources, tools and languages.
• Work with both internal and external cross-functional groups to drive business results.
• Analyze historical financial and operational metrics to drive action planning.
• Manage projects to meet timelines and ensure that the project is useful for all stakeholders. Drives long term product assortment decisions within Category team and provide forecasting decisions to align with Global and Regional business units.
• Analyzes market trends, sales data, pricing and cost trending to identify key opportunities and choice points for the assigned category product lines.
• Owns a product line, with full responsibility for revenue and margin, for ship-to-order as well as configure-to-order products
• Aligns product offering with target customer segment, considering market trends and competitive landscape
• Acts as the product expert, with deep technical understanding, engaging with the Global Business Unit counterparts
• Determines the assortment, defining specifications, configurations, and pricing, conducting sophisticated financial analysis
• Manages new product launches and sets promotional plans throughout product lifecycle
• Drives sales and margin on a real-time basis, incl. upsell and cross-sell of components, accessories and services, applying sophisticated analytics
• Engages closely with marketing and merchandizing to bring product to life
• Maintains sales forecasting to manage inventory
Capabilities and Experience
• Deep domain expertize in retail category management
• Passion for consumer technology, understanding of underlying PC technologies
• Strong customer advocacy and understanding, awareness of tech trends
• In-depth knowledge of marketing elements (product, pricing, promotion, positioning)
• Understanding of eCommerce and a direct sales environment
• Highly analytical and structured, comfortable with sophisticated data analysis
• Track record of producing measurable results
• Thriving in fast-pace environment with real-time decision making
• Strong financial and analytical skills, understanding of P&L drivers
• Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade; strong team player
• Extraordinary drive, confidence, risk taking; positive, “can-do” personality
• Bachelor's degree and 3-8 years related experience, or Master's degree and 2-5 years related experience
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top