Product Manager for Device Software and Services
Drive software platform features to power HP's Device as a Service (DaaS) assessment, asset management, and configuration solutions. Define software and services feature requirements. Develop product strategy and value proposition. Conduct market research. Engage with engineering and align with Product Marketing for successful delivery and go-to-market execution. Contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas, and participate in or lead cross-division, multi-function teams.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert on asset management, deployment, device management, application management, analytics, and proactive services; including technologies, theories and techniques. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Determine market needs for platform software features in developing device as a service (DaaS) solution offerings. Define and prioritize features and scope of current and future products.
- Focus on tools to enable device and accessory deployment, configuration and ongoing tracking and management.
- Clarify value proposition and work with Product Marketing and Marketing Communications to effective message and position offerings.
- Assess market competition, position HP products, and determine areas to drive differentiation against competitors' products.
- Recommend software product pricing and packaging choices by working with operations, product marketing, and region marketing leaders.
- Build strong relationship with the engineering, region category teams, and product marketing to identify priorities and activities needed to drive end business results.
- Represent Product Management as a subject matter expert to customers, extended teams, and upper management.
- Provide leadership and work within cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
- Contribute to team through effective collaboration and mentoring as required.
- Regularly recommend product/service/solution strategic direction to senior management.
- Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly knowledgeable of product/solution family and the business needs of the target customers.
- 7 years experience in product marketing fundamentals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general marketing function either through education or work experience.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top