Product Manager, Device Security
Security is one of the top priorities of every organization today. As a leader in endpoint security, HP is committed to providing our customers with the most secure PCs in the market, whether it is through enablement at the hardware layer or augmenting our devices with a differentiated portfolio of security products. We are looking for an outstanding individual to drive our hardware enablement security effort and thus continuing to drive leadership for HP's "most secure and manageable PCs" commitment to our customers in the commercial/business PC product lines.
This position reports directly to the Director of Device Security in the Business Personal Systems (BPS) organization.
This individual will have responsibility to define and drive a broad range of security initiatives around our commercial end-user devices, including:
- Defining and driving a differentiated security strategy for HP endpoints that extends and maintains HP's “most secure and manageable” leadership claims
- Identifying opportunities to further differentiate HP PCs through additional hardware and/or hardware + software security capabilities
- Defining requirements for chip-level security capabilities
- Driving solutions to address security vulnerabilities through the stack
- Managing hardware security solutions, including responsibility for existing and future hardware-enablement solutions
- Identifying early and ongoing govt/federal certification requirements for our PCs, as well as ensuring our PCs meet the necessary certification requirements
- Maintaining a comprehensive list of security advantages HP provides for PCs compared to those our competitors offer, while also constantly ensuring a clear differentiation between us and our competition in order to maintain our position as the "most secure PCs in the world"
- Contributing to secure supply chain efforts
- Working very closely with CTO/innovation team/engineering to bring approved recommendations from “Incubate” through launch
This position will work closely with a broad team to develop and execute a clear, comprehensive strategy from ideation through to launch and supporting it on an ongoing basis. The individual will collaborate with a variety of HP teams including CTO, hardware engineers, software engineers, worldwide marketing, operations, etc., as well as with key strategic HP partners. The product manager will evaluate recommendations and determine the business value, while building out a clear business case/plan and GTM approach that will drive incremental value, cover the costs required to build the solutions, and meet customer needs and requirements. A critical part of the role will be to determine the best GTM business model approach, essentially whether to include capabilities for free as part of the platform or as an additional software offering.
The product manager will also work closely with customers to ensure that the solutions we are building meet their needs. He or she will capture product requirements and work closely with engineering to develop products against those requirements, as well as develop, communicate, and ensure execution of a product roadmap to be shared with internal executives, partners, customers, sales, marketing, etc. The individual will be fully responsible for the success of their solutions.
• Define product strategy and roadmaps, analyzing customer needs, existing solutions and future technologies, LOB profitability goals, and resource optimization
• Drive products from concept to customer delivery and beyond
• Set the direction for the end-to-end user experience
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Develop and present recommendations and analyses to the executive management
• Drive market research to investigate and validate customer needs & wants
• Work closely with the hardware platform teams and engineering, to ensure a successful product definition and launch
• Analyze complex, multi-variable trade-offs to make business case recommendations
• 5 years of security product management experience
• Strong product definition skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong executive level presentation skills and ability to create executive presentations
• Strong financial and business acumen and analytical skills
• Advanced organizational agility with the ability to engage and drive projects across multiple teams, levels and regions.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top