Product Consultant - Security
The North America Business PC Category team has immediate opportunity for senior individual with go-to-market experience to position HP Security Portfolio to customers, sales and partner professionals. Successful candidate will have subject matter expertise in relevant PC industry security. You will have the opportunity to map and drive the necessary security certifications to grow and be viewed as a security expert.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on PC security including relevant market technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in HP's most complex disciplines. Provides highly innovative solutions relating to security. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams.
Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Helps develops strategy and sets direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies information on competitors and product roll- out data/training needs and proactively positions HP strengths as a relative value position in the account.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components to the customer
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management and business executives in North America.
- Represents HP as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas.
- Delivers customer and partner workshops as appropriate for further understanding of issues and buy-in to HP's proposal.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through continuous innovation, becoming a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicates and articulates the details of the security solution in a proposed customer solution.
- Direct customer interaction expectations discussing security solutions are 9-10 visits per quarter; indirect customer trainings may be planned 1-2 per quarter
- Thought leadership to category and global teams on customer perspective and feedback to improve security offerings
- Actively supports the account team with security solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Analyses and provides security support to deals in the pipeline where needed. Measurement on success will be revenue & margin wins via sales compensation plan.
- Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise.
Education and Experience Required:
Technical University or Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred.
Typically 8+ years' experience in technical consultative selling and account management. Technical and security solutions experience in appropriate industry. Experience in PC industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Leverages HP solutions to support customer IT strategic directions, creating extensive customer business value.
- Applies deep understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
- Strong credibility with HP's business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions.
- Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers.
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with a broad range of security technology.
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with customer management, as well as C-level executives.
- Leverages deep understanding of the competition – both positioning strategy and technology – to create competitive advantage for HP.
- This position requires 50 to 60% travel.
- Strong skills in MS Office
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top