Product Category Management & Business Planning Trainee
In this traineeship with HP, you will:
- Gain knowledge and develop skills that will help you launch into a career within HP's Americas Personal Systems Organization
- Have an impact on how and what products HP markets in the Americas region (US, CA & LATAM)
- Work with and for senior professionals within the leading PC vendor in the world
- Rotate through three different 6-month projects (Product Category Management, Business Planning, Business Development) across the organization
- Reinvent how you work, and how HP works.
The Americas Personal Systems Traineeship is a career-launching platform for aspiring professionals to acquire relevant, on the job experience by completing different rotation projects in an 18 month program. From day one, you'll be involved in complex projects that have a real impact on our business.
We are seeking professionals with 2-5 years' of relevant working experience, a university degree and that are ready to excel in a high-paced, challenging, rewarding environment.
In addition to three project-based cross-functional rotations across financial business management, product lifecycle, and business development, there will be formal trainings, peer partnerships, and formal discussions with senior leaders to showcase and expand your various competencies while in the program.
Education and Experience Required
- Typically 2-5 years' experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, engineering or related functional area.
- First level university degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Marketing or related field.
- Must be fully proficient in both oral and written English. Excellent command of Spanish and/or Portuguese are desirable.
- Must be legally authorized to work in USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical thinking, technical & financial analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Excel analysis, and financial modeling/forecasting.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines.
- Developed relationship management skills.
- Ability to identify and summarize relevant trends from market and industry data.
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Operational Market research. Understanding of Product Life.
- IT industry knowledge.
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues during project-based rotations. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Conducts and summarizes complex data and business analyses to develop business plans, including revenue and demand projections, workforce optimization, and channel management.
- Constructs statistical and financial models with minimal direction to forecast business performance.
- Defines the metrics required to measure business performance, and compares actual data to forecasted values.
- Executes market research projects, gathers intelligence on current industry, technology, and consumer trends, and summarizes research findings tailored to business needs.
- Works with cross-functional teams to facilitate the data collection and performance measurement process, and escalates issues as necessary.
May work with local sales managers to drive business growth in existing markets and accounts or Go-to-market plans
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top