Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Coordinates and leads the activities of internal and outsourced development and manufacturing partners in support of the worldwide manufacture of a product from new- product introduction through end of lifecycle.
- Performs engineering analysis of defective product units or sub- assemblies; evaluates results of customer feedback and manufacturing, test, and quality assurance processes for product.
- Communicates product and process issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management, internal, and outsourced manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to product or process to reduce defects, improve quality, and lower costs.
- Represents the product engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development and manufacturing projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design and manufacture.
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top