At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is a fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
The Strategic Procurement Analyst II is responsible for managing procurement of assigned category for HP and its customers to meet business requirements, maximize value (reduce cost), and mitigate risk. Primary role is to support category/subcategory activity, generally focused on the execution of core procurement activities such as sourcing, supplier selection, negotiation, and development. Also includes definition of procurement policies and processes to achieve objectives.
This job is part of the Center of Expertise (COE) of Global Indirect Procurement (GIP).
GIP category management and procurement operations are mostly allocated in 3 regional COE's:
- America in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Europe in Bucharest, Romania
- Asia in Dalian, China.
GIP manages indirect spend of HP Inc. not related to manufacturing or logistics. GIP manages around $4.3B USD in spend, over 55,000 suppliers, over 4,000 contracts, and review and approve over 140,000 Purchase Orders per year. Our value definition spreads above savings or budget reductions, including business considerations like revenue enablement, cash flow management and industry benchmark.
This role provides centralized and standard category/ subcategory support across the globe, region or country for a diverse services portfolio of Procurement activities including Negotiation, Risk mitigation, Contracting, Sourcing, business continuity, Supplier/Spend Management and cost/operational improvement.
- Analyzes fundamental category data, industry information, and business requirements and embeds expertise and criteria while negotiating and providing a procurement recommendation to stakeholders.
- Provides day to day support and interaction with internal stakeholders across all Business Units in HP and Global Functions.
- Collaborates with peers and Global Category Strategists to ensure connection and execution of the strategy determined to the specific area of spend;
- Provides support to GIP category teammates to assist in the development of stakeholder relationships.
- Provides support to GIP colleagues and peers acting in the capacity of extended leadership teams.
- Leads supplier sourcing and selection for non-complex programs; supports sourcing and selection for low to moderately complex programs.
- Negotiates, contracts, and manages non-complex supplier engagements; supports low to moderately complex supplier engagements.
- Basic awareness and understanding of the GP Manual content, it's intended application and the interests behind the legal principles and alternative language contained therein.
- Basic knowledge of contracting principles and the interests behind the legal provisions embodied in HP standard contract templates.
- Mitigates risk through effective contracting, business controls, and on-going assessment.
- Focus on the employee experience of interacting with GIP (Customer Satisfaction) and timely deliverable according to the business needs. Turnaround time is one key indicator that is measured.
- In addition to these activities, this role may participate in innovation, transformation or improvement projects related to business processes or employee engagement.
- All GIP employees have to complete onboarding trainings and mandatory corporate trainings such as Standard of Business Conduct, Global Trade and others.
- Always act under the “HP Way” and the behaviors of the employee culture in GIP.
- Mastery in English and local language
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 0 to 4 years experience in procurement or supply chain function
- Fundamental understanding of procurement processes, systems, industry, markets and strategies; category expertise preferred
- Previous experience with negotiation and contracting; using contract templates and integrating term changes based on GP contracting manual
- Fundamental analytical skills
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Basic project management skills
- Strong business application skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the company's policies and processes.
- Excellent analytical and data modelling skills
- Demonstrates influencing, and communication skills to drive effective outcomes, including the ability to engage, advise and influence at the individual contributor and manager levels.
- Effectively manages work using strong organization and attention to detail
- Actively collaborates and applies strong interpersonal skills to achieve organizational strategies and objectives
- Exercises personal authority, initiative, and ownership to deliver results in a virtual environment
- Leads change by identifying opportunities and implementing innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze market knowledge and industry trends
- Drives individual results through a goal oriented approach with ability to translate objectives into action
How will we help your personal and professional development?
- We don't label you or your performance, we look to help you grow your unique potential
- Trainings, workshops and access to more than 10,000 wisdom nuggets via our learning platform and programs on all key professional and leadership skills you can imagine
- New disruptive technology introductions sessions
We love our work environment. We think you will too:
- It's a friendly atmosphere with supportive leaders to bring your creativity to max
- Work-life balance support including flex-time arrangements and work from home opportunities
- Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to help you make an impact to communities at large
Your additional benefits package:
- Medical services subscription
- 24 paid holidays
- Lunch tickets
- Other flexible benefits (Medical services for family, Dental Plan, Fitness Programs, Kindergarten)
- Wellness program, Multisport card and free coffee, & tea
- Vendors discount program (Restaurants, cinema, clothing, and other)
Back to top