Procurement Solutions Product Manager
Independently manage one or many assigned global procurement technical solutions. Coordinate collection and management of necessary business requirements. In partnership with IT, plan and execute product release and system configuration/maintenance requirements. Deliver level 2 and 3 solution support. Execute global solution process design and optimization projects, utilizing LSS continuous improvement methodology. Provide solution-specific metrics and reporting. Perform basic data analysis to identify opportunities for performance and/or quality improvements.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Provide comprehensive product management and business support for assigned technical solutions.
- Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams to drive global product/process enhancement and optimization projects.
- Manage objectives, deliverables, timeline and metrics aligned with solution and/or project requirements.
- Ensure linkage/interlock with other products/projects where inter-dependencies exist in order to maximize end-to-end efficiency and effectiveness.
- Employ industry standard quality management methodology, test practices and basic data analysis to assure effective and auditable quality outcomes.
- Participate and provide input into solution future state vision, 3 year roadmap and year-over-year plans for solution portfolio.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and develops recommendations.
- Reviews performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree or university-level equivalent in Engineering, Supply Chain/Procurement; may have advanced university degree.
- 2-5 years experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, IT, Project Management or Quality Management role
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of procurement solutions (tool and process)
- Strong solution design and documentation skillset
- Strong analytical and data modeling skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills including team leadership, team building and conflict resolution
- Proven ability to act as a change agent for positive improvement
- Strong communication skills; mastery in English and local language
- Demonstrated project and/or program management experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top