Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Manages one or more aspects of the global engineering relationship with a key supplier of external hardware, components, materials, or services for the development and manufacturing of a product or service line.
- Reviews and evaluates supplier product designs, processes, and activities for compliance with company manufacturing guidelines, quality processes, and standards; provides tangible feedback based on results to improve product quality and mitigate risk of product failure.
- Performs engineering analysis of defective product units or sub- assemblies; evaluates results of customer feedback and manufacturing, test, and quality assurance processes for product to identify supplier quality issues.
- Communicates product and process issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management, internal, and outsourced suppliers, manufacturing, and development partners to recommend and implement changes to product or process to reduce defects, improve quality, and lower costs.
- Represents the procurement engineering team for all phases oflarger and more-complex development and manufacturing projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design and manufacture.
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate procurement plans, proposals, and results, andnegotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top