Procurement Data Scientist
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is ranked among the Top Companies to work. Among the recognitions include, One of the World's Most Attractive Employers by Universum Global, One of the Top Companies for Women Technologists by Anita Borg Institute, One of the Top 10 Fortune 500 Companies Millennials are most excited to work for by SurveyMonkey, and Working Mother 100 Best Companies for 27 years. Furthermore, HP has received two consecutive Diversity Leader Awards from Profiles in Diversity Journal. HP was also awarded the Gold Medal by World Environment Center for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development.
All Procurement Data and Analytics professionals possess an innate desire to embed analytics into the Procurement organization where analytics are consistently used to derive business value. Team members will help operationalize data and make data actionable.
This role is expected to:
- Contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Successfully operate in the complex disciplines.
- Provide highly innovative solutions.
- Lead cross-organization functional teams or projects that affect GIP's long-term goals and objectives.
- Participate in cross-organization, multi-function teams.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to both peers and lower level employees.
- Routinely exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
- Mine large amounts of structured and unstructured data to identify patterns.
- Use a combination of programming, statistical skills, machine learning and algorithms
- Explore and examine data from multiple disconnected sources
- Develop new analytical methods and machine learning models
- Provide actionable insights based on the above
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- First level university degree and advanced university degree.
- Degree in: Computer Science, Information management, Business information systems, Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics
To be successful, you should be able to demonstrate proficiency in some of the following:
- Programming skills such as SAS, R, Python.
- Statistical and mathematical skills.
- Storytelling and data visualization.
- Hadoop, SQL Skills.
- Machine Learning
- Results orientation, business acumen, bias for action, collaboration, and customer orientation
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top