Procurement Category Manager
- This job is part of the Center of Expertise (COE) of Global Indirect Procurement (GIP).
- GIP category management and procurement operations are mostly allocated in 3 regional COE's:
- America in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Europe in Bucharest, Romania
- Asia in Dalian, China.
- GIP manages indirect spend of HP Inc. not related to manufacturing or logistics. GIP manages around $4.3B USD in spend, over 55,000 suppliers, over 4,000 contracts, and review and approve over 140,000 Purchase Orders per year. Our value definition spreads above savings or budget reductions, including business considerations like revenue enablement, cash flow management and industry benchmark.
- This role provides centralized and standard support across the globe or region for a diverse services portfolio of Procurement activities including Negotiation, Contracting, Sourcing and Supplier/Spend Management.
- Supports internal stakeholders across all Business Units in HP and Global Functions.
- Analyses industry trends and embeds expertise and criteria while negotiating and providing a procurement recommendation to stakeholders.
- Collaborates with peers and Global Category Strategists to ensure connection and execution of the strategy determined to the specific area of spend.
- Focus on the employee experience of interacting with GIP (Customer Satisfaction) and timely deliverable according to the business needs. Turnaround time is one key indicator that is measured.
- In addition to these activities, this role may participate in innovation, transformation or improvement projects related to business processes or employee engagement.
- All GIP employees have to complete on boarding trainings and mandatory corporate trainings such as Standard of Business Conduct, Global Trade and others.
- Always act under the "HP Way" and the behaviors of the employee culture in GIP.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top