Process & Programs Manager
Manages global CPQ programs and supports planning discipline across the team and into regions and stakeholder groups. Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. (TCP review board required in TCP families)
- Communicates strategic process decisions and plans, program status, and issues and workarounds in order to achieve alignment with the top level of the business, function, or region.
- Leads internal or external programs with significant complexity and risk, provides feedback on programs, and conducts post-project evaluations.
- Represents the needs of the business, function, or region on an ongoing basis to drive process improvements.
- Collaborates with operational teams and business stakeholders to gather business requirements, supporting the design of new or improved processes of significant complexity, and understand business/customer impact.
- Leads efforts to utilize standard project management and quality improvement methodologies in process improvement approaches. Identifies the need for new processes as well as significant improvements to major processes and drives their development and implementation.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of related experience in IT/business operations.
- Typically 8+ years of project management experience.
- Quality improvement training required and certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge and subject matter expertise for HP operational processes, industry trends, and customer/partner requirements.
- Advanced understanding of core HP businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Superior communication skills (i.e. written, verbal, presentation), leadership, consulting, influence, and negotiation skills. Mastery in English and local language as well as other languages as required.
- Ability to lead complex process improvements using industry standard quality improvements tools and concepts, and has thorough understanding of change management processes and procedures.
- Excellent program management, problem solving, and analytical skills, and the ability to execute a program within the scope of overall strategies.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top