Process and Tooling Engineer
At HP, we exist to amaze. Through the people we hire, the experiences we enable, the way we treat our customers and each other and ultimately through the technology we create.
Technology backed by more than 18,000 global patents that gives people and businesses the power to move from the inception of brilliant ideas to their best expression, so they can leave a deep and memorable impression on everyone around them.
We have multiple positions available from entry level to more experienced level positions.
Experienced level position appliesdevelopedsubject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Entry level positions applies basic foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Designs portions of engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
- Implements established test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
Entry level Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of electrical design tools and software packages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms.
- Understanding of thermal and electromagnetic properties of materials and managing emissions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Experienced level Knowledge and Skills:
- Designs engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Leads a project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately-complex products.
- Represents the electrical hardware team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top