Privacy Program Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
"HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. We believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to produce technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us - inspires us - to do what we do. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze. To set the standards as a socially and environmentally responsible company. While HP's roots started in Silicon Valley, today we have a broad reach that spans around the globe. If you have a passion for customers, a desire to win and innovation in your DNA, you may be a great fit for our team. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
The Global Legal Affairs team is responsible for all of HP's legal matters, including government relations, brand security, intellectual property, ethics and compliance and legal counsel representation in every region. We are a mix of attorneys and non-attorneys. We value teamwork, engagement, honesty, forward thinking and open communication. We are proud of the culture we have created. By bringing together varied perspectives, we challenge each other and development new and creative solutions. We want to find, grow and keep the very best employees in industry by valuing differences, offering amazing careers and having fun."
This position is for the HP, Inc. Privacy Office, part of the Employment, Ethics and Compliance practice area of Global Legal Affairs. This position will be responsible for implementing Privacy by Design and compliance programs and processes and support business and internal function partners on compliance to HP Privacy requirements.
The selected candidate will apply developed subject matter knowledge in Privacy / Data Protection to solve common and complex business issues recommending appropriate risk mitigation strategies. You will works on problems of diverse complexity and scope supporting HP's Printing and Personal Systems business teams with Privacy Impact Assessment and other internal controls. You will act as a team or project leader on certain cross functional projects, providing direction to team activities, including influencing both individual contributors and managers in other organizations . You will be able to exercises independent judgment on Privacy/Data Protection and be able to handle most unique situations presented.
“HP is ranked among the Top Companies to work.Among the recognitions include, One of the World's Most Attractive Employers by Universum Global, One of the Top Companies for Women Technologists by Anita Borg Institute, One of the Top 10 Fortune 500 Companies Millennials are most excited to work for by Survey Monkey, and Working Mother 100 Best Companies for 27 years.Furthermore, HP has received two consecutive Diversity Leader Awards from Profiles in Diversity Journal.HP was also awarded the Gold Medal by World Environment Center for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development.”
- Manages interactions with HP printing and personal systems business teams, as well as corporate marketing teams to ensure compliance to Privacy by Design and Data Protection principles for HP products, services and processes.
- Co-ordinates the fulfilment of Privacy / Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Supports the Privacy Office in advancing greater privacy accountability across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
- Supports integration of privacy into product and service life-cycles
- Acts as key interface to data science and analytics communities
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Law or equivalent
- Privacy certification
- >5 years in house experience in privacy / data protection in a major corporation
Knowledge and Skills:
- Cross-functional program management skills, ideally for compliance implementation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), particularly the ability to communicate with diplomacy, credibility and confidence
- Proven strength in ability to prepare detailed compliance documentation
- Ability to exercise good judgement and balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence without authority
Back to top