Printing System Engineer Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
- Writing System Engineers play lead roles in multi-discipline teams (mechanical, chemical, electrical and SW/FW) working on new products and solutions for printing and imaging. You will codesign, implement, test, and validate systems and components to deliver optimized printed image quality, throughput, and reliability for our printers.
- As a Junior WS you are asked to help define, invent, and validate solutions, algorithms and designs and processes in order to deliver on HP Image Quality needs and performance.
- Provide technical support where necessary to drive development / improvement in the writing system robustness ensuring successful delivery of product objectives and timelines.
- Utilize best practices and approaches, leverage learnings across new product developments, such that designs can be leveraged across projects, utilizing experience from other disciplines and related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job content may/will include the following responsibilities:
- Codesign, codevelop, and optimize algorithms and calibrations to deliver desired image quality, throughput and reliability. Understand, model and develop solutions for system performance issues that affect customer perceived image quality
- Understand, model, correct and develop engineering solutions for system performance issues that affect image quality including design flaw identification and correction, manufacturing variability issues control, technology limitations alternatives identification, etc.
- Understand fluids/material/heat/transport interaction issues
- Understand and develop solutions for contributions of mechanical tolerances, printing algorithms, and other interactions of system parameters to customer perception of image quality. Develop and Integrate new algorithms to overcome quality issues
- Set up, improve and run prototype hardware to answer key feasibility questions.
- CoDesign and run reliability tests to maximize printer performance and maintain image quality over the life of the printer
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other disciplines (various engineering disciplines but also marketing and operations...)
- Collaborate with the team to develop more effective and relevant image quality metrics/goals and user needs clarification
- Contribute in cross disciplinary task forces as needed. Partner and support development activities
- Enrolled in University; Engineering/Scientific and/or Computer Science related disciplines
- Fast learner. Proactive in acquiring autonomous knowledge in record time. Competency and skill growth focus. Independent judgment and ability to drive convergence and decisions
- Preferable knowledge using programming languages (Python, Matlab and/or C) and/or recognition and image processing knowledge and/or sensor technology and/or mathematical modeling skills
- Results oriented and customer centric. Ability to communicate technical data, issues and proposed solutions
- Hands on approach and proficiency in experimental design. Familiar with DOE and data/statistical analysis techniques
- High level of analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship, teamwork, and communication skills. Fluent spoken and written English
- Preferable understanding of engineering and quality tools and techniques, as utilized in an environment of product development and continuous improvement.
Back to top