Printer Web Services Product Owner
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP Printer Supplies Auto Replenishment Engineering Product Owner
There are not many times in your career when you get the opportunity to change a multi-billion dollar franchise, work with scary smart people and build out your resume so that it is the envy of your friends and colleagues. Welcome to HP's Print Services and Solutions organization!
The Print Services and Solutions organization is an exciting growth business within HP that is chartered with groundbreaking new business models & revenue streams for HP Print. The organization is chartered to reinvigorate the home and micro-biz print category by driving broad adaptation of Ink services such as Instant Ink, Sure Supply and other ink auto-replenishment models. These new services are among the top strategic priorities for HP's Print organization. Come and join the team that is revolutionizing consumer printing!
This significant position is for a Product Owner (PO) on the HP Instant Ink web development team. The HP Instant Ink web development team uses an Agile development model, paired programming and a number of industry leading technologies like Ruby on Rails, New Relic, Splunk, Jenkins, Chef and more. The PO works with various Instant Ink stake holders to craft product requirements, prioritize these requirements, translate them into assignments for the engineering team and works day-to-day with engineering team in leading them through ceremonies (e.g. stand-ups), work assignment, defect triage and more. Instant Ink has been in the market for a year and half and the team deploys updates/expansions every two weeks. The work is complex, fast, and critically meaningful to HP.
- Manages and leads a program involving multiple functions and project teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a product or service offering.
- Develops and directs development of schedules, critical deliverables, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
- Manages activities of supporting project teams and internal development partners; ensures progress against established plan and makes determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Communicates program progress, blocking issues, and issue analysis to product partners; collaborates with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve raised issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing and/or engineering organization.
- Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years of R&D experience
- Minimum 3 years of web development experience
- Software/web development experience preferred
- Agile development experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven eye for business and successful experience leading all aspects of programs, including communicating with partners and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills; deep understanding in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Back to top