Print Supply Chain finance manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors, supervisors, and Manager I that typically support a large and complex business unit or finance function.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Leads complex financial analysis for a global business or finance function, exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis to the business.
- Consults with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., long-term business planning, product analysis and development, balancing risk, approving significant deals, etc.)
- Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Actively reviews, analyzes, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., GAAP, SBC, AFM).
- Manages external vendors (e.g., auditors).
- Provides leadership during implementation of business-wide programs and products.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in a finance function.
- Typically 2+ years of supervisory and/or leading a project team experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across countries.
- Excellent communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Strong understanding of HP's policies and processes.
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top