The Project Manager for Print Insights will design and deliver on a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative primary research projects that will answer critical business questions for the print business.
This will include supporting product organizations on future product development and current product management. It will also include working hand in hand with marketing managers to develop marketing messaging.
- Design, execute, and deliver key primary market research programs and manage market research vendor relationships
- Translate data and key findings into insights that drive product strategy and innovation opportunities
- Challenge external partners to bring forward innovative ways of generating and using insights (e.g. processes, cross-collaboration research, methodologies)
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop a research/insights plan which includes a mix of agile and rigor-based research methods
- Seek out opportunities and emerging trends to proactively provide business marketers and product development with critical information and insights.
- Monitor market and industry trends, and share best practices with internal clients and external partners
- Collaborate across the pan-HP Media, Analytics and Insights organization to bring forth all the resources the research team can offer. Provide perspective and relevant insights to improve campaign briefing and facilitate more valuable, differentiated marketing for consumer and office customer.
- Provide competitive insights, intelligence and recommendations to influence go-to-market planning and strategic marketing plan development and decisions.
- Perform final contract negotiations with research vendors.
- Based on market research information create and review research plans (syndicated and primary) with each business unit.
- Develop effective intelligence and customer insight strategy based on analysis and assessment of customers, competitors and market share
- Develop actionable marketing recommendations and insights to support strategic planning.
- Provide training and guidance for other researchers and competitive intelligence professionals.
Knowledge & Skills
- Foundational knowledge of market research methodologies
- Effective communicator who integrates the intricacies of multiple data points/sources into a concise story
- Able to capture, analyze and drive understanding of the current and emerging customer/market trends impacting the business and industry
- Demonstrates strong project management skills to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Sets objective measures of success for self and project teams and continuously evaluates progress against objectives
- Demonstrates curiosity and growth mindset , through on-going adoption of best practices
- Knowledge of market research vendor management, agency practices and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to interface with senior executives
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in business, marketing, research, or equivalent experience; Master's level preferred.
- 3+ years work experience executing qualitative and quantitative research methodologies that drove business results