Presales Technical Consultant (UK&I)
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
We currently have one of the greatest personal system portfolios on the market, and rank #1 in the Commercial and Consumer market and Public sector. In our UK&I Enterprise Solutions division we have a Personal Systems Pre Sales Technical Consultant vacancy.
The role of the Pre Sales Consultant for the Personal Systems business is to assist in the drive of net new business sales into the assigned accounts, covering HP's end user device portfolio of PC's, with a specialism of Thin Client devices and infrastructure. Experience with configuring, deploying and managing devices in an Enterprise environment with an understanding of SCCM or LanDesk would be desirable. The Pre Sales Consultant will work with and support the Sales Account Managers in customer accounts, developing new business opportunities and technical relationships.
The successful candidate would be expected to solve common and complex technical business issues and recommend appropriate solutions. With the ability to work on problems of diverse complexity and scope and may act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities.
Reporting into the UK&I Pre Sales Manager, your main responsibility will be to help HP deliver the highest business impact from its Thin Client portfolio through effective cooperation with your internal HP sales team, HP partners and customer stakeholders.
Using your expertise, experience, thought leadership and influencing skills you will help HP get to the cutting edge of technical solutions and push the boundaries, to achieve winning results.
- Architect an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's requirements.
- Investigate, optimize and adapt a solution's fit to the requirements of the opportunity.
- Generate an implementation plan with timelines for the solution and create the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipate some of the potential challenges for the proposed technical solution.
- Representing HP as technical expert with partners and customers; sharing knowledge in area of expertise by building customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Advance opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Support the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
What do we expect?
- Extensive work experience in technical and/or consultative selling.
- Experience and knowledge of SCCM & LanDesk desired.
- Able to demonstrate current understanding of technical innovations and trends as well as their impact on solving customer business problems. And then applies understanding of the customer's value chain and business requirements when designing and proposing solutions in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box.
- Superior influencing skills and experience managing relationships with partners and end user customers.
- Superior rigor and attention to details; project and process management experience.
- Ability to work remotely in fluid environments, complex organizations, across geographies and international cultures.
We are the re-inventors.
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas and that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them.
At HP, we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. This is how ideas and people grow.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top