Pre Sales Technical Consultant
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
Pre Sales Technical Consultant is responsible for solution development, competitive costing, commercial proposition integration and business case alignment of Enterprise Services solutions supporting client business, applications and/or information technology environments.
The scope of the role includes ongoing delivery of services, start-up of new services, technology and process transformation as well as ongoing refresh. It is imperative to meet client's specifications, strategic direction and business needs.
The successful candidate will confidently articulate all aspects of solution and persuasively communicate value to the client influencing client evaluation criteria and decision making. Determine customer requirements in complex and often ambiguous outsourced environments. Interacts effectively with team, pursuit leaders, internal governance and business leadership to advance sales efforts.
- Identifies client's business and technical requirements.
- Understands which offerings best address customer needs.
- Identifies probable competition, evaluates relative strengths.
- Informed about client budget, pricing, and allowable costs of solution.
Solution Design and Development
- Provides solutions to meet client requirements, is able to adapt to new requirements and optimize solutions.
- Validates standard solutions, services and products early in the planning cycle.
- Creates solution using standard elements and minor customization to meet defined requirements. Solutions meet scope and service level agreement objectives.
- Defines any risks associated with their solution element. Understands the impact on other solution elements, defines and documents mitigation strategies.
- Assesses solution, delivery and client needs to identify integration points.
- Clearly defines all risks through governance process and works to mitigate.
- Transition solutions meet client timeline, asset handling and risk parameters. Applies service start-up and delivery organizations' guidelines.
- Builds strong professional relationships with key IT and business executives.
- Applies consultative selling techniques to advance opportunities.
- Effectively communicates and articulates the details of their solution functions in a proposed customer solution.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree preferred or equivalent experience/education.
- Established and proven experience in technical selling and/or consultative selling.
- Knowledge of project/program management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of outsourcing services as well as the breadth of solutions.
- Ability to build good knowledge of portfolio offering.
- Demonstrates current understanding of technical innovations and trends and their impact on solving customer business problems.
- Sound level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on requirements, solution, issues and challenges.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top