Portfolio Strategy Manager
Portfolio Strategy Manager
HP's vision and promise is to engineer experiences that amaze. With the heart, creativity, and energy of a startup, and the brain, muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation, we continue to deliver ground-breaking new technologies to build on our 76-year legacy of innovation.
The Customer Experience and Portfolio Strategy Team, within Personal Systems, was created with a maniacal focus on designing and delivering seamless experiences for our customers and working with the product teams across Personal Systems to drive a cohesive and innovative product portfolio. We value collaboration, ingenuity, tenacity, and a sense of humor. So join our team, work hard, and watch as your efforts have a direct impact on millions of customers around the world.
Now more than ever our customers live in a OneLife era in which the lines between their work and personal lives are blurred. Our customers should experience our technology in the same way- not based on arbitrary organizational boundaries. As the Portfolio Strategy Manager, your job is to look across the entire HP portfolio to ensure that we are delivering consistent experiences across each of the Product Lines. The primary objectives of this role include:
- Drive alignment from strategy to execution, across the Personal Systems Product Portfolio, on our approach to deliver consistent HP hero experiences such as voice, inking, always connected to our customers.
- In partnership with the businesses, define how HP Hero experiences map across the sub-brands of our Consumer, Commercial and Workstations Businesses.
- Employ design thinking methodologies to build customer empathy and help Product Planning Teams create the best possible end-to-end experience.
- Define and map key use case scenarios of hero experiences across different technical implementations.
- Ensure we are leveraging and sharing technology across the portfolio and that we have a unified engagement with strategic partners, such as Microsoft and Intel.
- Maximize the business impact of innovations by ensuring new technologies are implemented strategically across Personal Systems.
- Drive Pan-Personal Systems PR story for halo experiences.
- Foster a cross-functional community of knowledge and idea-sharing across the Personal Systems portfolio.
Knowledge and skills
- Drive Collaboration. Create a culture of collaboration and promote deep partnership across Business Units and teams. Be prepared to operate in highly-matrixed organization with partners across HP.
- Communicate with ease. Listen well, distill complicated to simple and make cases that are impossible to refute or ignore. Use data appropriately, while tapping into other biases, beliefs and triggers to get things done.
- Inspire passion, drive change. Infuse those around you with excitement and enthusiasm for continuously improving their approach and process.
- Process Wizard. You are comfortable with complex, cross-matrixed organizations and know how to spot the signal in the noise to identify path forward and drive alignment.
- Deliver Results. Performance is your heritage and you deliver results regardless of the program, resources and scale.
- Think strategically, execute tactically. Work at a strategic level with senior leaders and simultaneously roll up your sleeves and work tactically with individuals across the organization to drive results.
- Know when to pivot. Expect setbacks and know how to call audibles to align your team and drive forward.
- Talk Tech. Possess a deep curiosity for technology and experiences. Stay abreast of technology trends.
- Data Hound. Present insights-based arguments that will require you to roll up data, analyze insights and stitch them together to create a compelling story.
Education & Experience Required
- Must have GBU Product Management Experience
- Strong knowledge of the Product Life Cycle Process
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or engineering. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership in product design, product management, and/or product marketing
- Strong track record of customer empathy
- Diplomacy and ability to influence without authority
- Strong analytical and program management skills
- Engineering or technical acumen is a plus
- Robust Data analysis capabilities and competence in MS Excel
Back to top