The IT Global Project Management Office (IT GPMO) - Business Planner is responsible for the definition and maintenance of a project portfolio that effectively supports the business; and optimizes delivery of innovation solutions to maximize benefits to the HP Business stakeholders.
It is critical for the Business Planner to build trusting and influential relationships with senior business partners, resource managers, finance, and IT leadership.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads complex data and business analyses to develop business plans, and identifies recommendations and insights.
- Works independently to construct highly complex statistical and financial models to forecast business performance; coaches others on model development.
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and develops the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Manages complex, time- sensitive market research projects and prepares synthesized intelligence reports with clear implications.
- Leads cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Contributes to priority projects by adding creative insights and developing recommendations.
- Partners with business leaders to develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities.
- Develops go-forward business plan recommendations based on potential risks and returns.
- Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 6-10 years work experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent. PMP certification a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of research methodology for key business issues.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Developed leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top