PMPS Business Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Responsible for the overall business success of a set of services, solutions, or a sub- set of the portfolio, product family, or functional segment. Establishes strategies and business plans to support business goals and initiatives by driving profitable growth and TCE.
- Manages and monitors performance of product and service business metrics (e.g., attach, penetration, revenue, TCE); delivers recovery or action plans for exception issues.
- Identifies and drives process improvements for services route to market, delivery, business operations, and individual and team productivity to improve overall effectiveness.
- Creating and foster a mutually beneficial relationship with Product Business Groups, Alliance partners, Services functional and support teams, and Regional Business Development Manager, Sales, Solution Partners Organization, and delivery functions.
- Focal point for functional team issues and resolution.
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching, removes barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding. Achieves diversity and other HR goals.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 8+ years to establish proven track record in Service Business Management Established management background of high level individual contributors (leading teams).
- Typically first level and advanced level university degree .
Knowledge and Skills:
- High market knowledge. Need broad knowledge competitive market dynamics, business models, business strategies and processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of corporate organization, culture and policies, cross functional roles and objectives.
- Skills in management of people and business relationships, knowledge in organizational design and planning, problem solving, managing individual and team productivity and dynamics, and excellent communication, and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with financial reporting tools and ability to correctly design reports and interpret their output.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and drive change across functions; highly developed program management and change management.
- Management by influence with international, multi-cultural, virtual teams.
- Influence cross-functionally and on senior management level .
Back to top