Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of mechanical and thermal development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, validation, tooling and testing.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on mechanical and thermal design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall mechanical/thermal leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the mechanical and thermal design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to create detailed program integration schedules and understand interdependencies
- Ability to work and influence across organizational boundaries
- Be a champion for product cost management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Expert in CAD and model manager
- Ability to work at a system level
- Ability to establish and manage third party technology vendor relationships
- Domestic and international travel in support of development and manufacturing operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and process control
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top