At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our ideas create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - in every function - is encouraged to develop, express and share their creativity to deliver better outcomes for our business.
We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets like PCs and Printers, and create exciting new markets with unique technologies across 3D Printing and Digital Industrial Graphics. Personalization of goods and services is one of the great disruptive trends of our time - to serve "Industries of One." And HP is well positioned to deliver mass-customization across packaging, labelling, and digital industrial printing, as well as entirely new personalized 3D printed products such as custom orthotics, footwear, and offerings across many other industries.
The hallmark of the HP Global Communications team is passion, commitment, curiosity, flexibility and global perspective. We are a growth team with a mission to reinvent the way HP communicates and the way external influencers interact with our brand.
As a Senior Communications Manager, you will be responsible for amplifying HP's brand narrative, strategic market conversations, thought leader programs and leadership of our Personalization & Industrial Business (PIB) executive content strategy and program. This role requires strong storytelling and content depth in support our PIB leadership team in creating and driving executive positioning, external influencer relationships, and original point-of-view content across all channels.
The PIB Communications Manager must be an excellent strategist, compelling storyteller and writer, possess strong campaign skills while executing against deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful leader will be biased toward action, take strong and informed positions, inspire colleagues and agency partners to perform at a high level, and consistently turn strategy into execution.
- Set and lead the editorial, content, and social media strategy across the Personalization & Industrial Business leadership team
- Define overall PIB content strategy across all channels; connect storytelling themes into proactive media, analyst, social and influencer campaigns
- Develop, drive and evaluate executive communications strategies; platforms and programs
- Develop executive content, including thought leadership articles, speechwriting and speaker prep, presentations, and campaign messaging
- Select, manage and develop agencies or contractors; manage budgets
- Lead, grow, and develop internal and external resources and talent
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration.
- 10+ years of experience in employee communications, journalism or marketing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience crafting strategic campaigns, editorial content strategy, and development of executive level thought leadership content
- Superior storytelling, writing and editing skills; strong oral communications skills and ability to convey complex ideas.
- Superior organization and program management skills within fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to link communications plans and activities to business results.
- Proven experience leading, driving and measuring distributed teams toward common goal.
- High levels of tact and diplomacy.
- Agency, team and budget management.
- Consultative skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company top to bottom, including most senior company management.