Personal Systems Worldwide Services Offer Manager
The Personal Systems Services Global Business Unit team is searching for top caliber talent to join its team. As Services Offer manager you will join a dynamic focus and growth area within the Personal Systems business. You will manage a service domain within the business. In addition, you will help drive business development and service strategy, innovation and evolution to build a best-in-class offering. Your objective is to design and deliver profitable commercial Services portfolio, leveraging customer insights and addressing customer pain points. This position offers the unique opportunity to drive portfolio innovation and evolution of the key HP Commercial Services Global Business Unit.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Launch profitable, Time-to-Market services roadmaps and manage life cycle through End-of-Life.
- Define, sell-in, communicate and implement services roadmaps, product positioning, pricing and promotional strategy.
- Constantly monitor the competition's landscape and quickly assess areas of weakness and opportunities.
- As subject matter expert, demonstrate in depth knowledge of Services domain, both on services and technology.
- Drive implementation of channel requirements into our services roadmaps
- Define, communicate and manage service offers and promotions in support of partners advertising campaigns.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Leads and develops product support or solution(s) planning over entire lifecycle, including conformance to pricing strategies, end-to-end service delivery and sales readiness and associated processes Represents services on product or solution core teams and provides service requirements into product development stages/phases, e.g., Product warranty support and cost analysis, and Service Product Marketing content/collateral.
- Performs business analysis, identifies root cause, and develops recommendations/ solutions to drive business improvements.
- Works across regions/geographies and WW teams to develop and/or implement new/enhanced services, solutions, or programs and associated processes to meet emerging customer/market needs and fuel profitable growth.
- Responsible for revenue and margin contribution for a set of (more than one) solutions or services.
- Utilizes in-depth understanding of customer business and complex requirements to develop business case, validate the solution, and demonstrate services added value.
- Utilizes technical and business skills to lead complex cross- functional activities that drive continuous growth of the services business.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to peers and lower level employees .
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field of study. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Typically 8+ years to establish proven track record in Service Business Management.
- Basic experience in one of the related disciplines of delivery, solution architecting or business planning prior to taking business management role .
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including presentation skills to senior leadership.
- Experience working in an As-A-Service Model preferred.
- Strong category marketing experience in commercial Personal Systems & Services.
- Strong analytical skills
- P&L acumen
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence others to achieve a common goal.
- Willingness to travel if required in support of customer visits and events.
- Teamwork, strong interpersonal skills, creativity, and leadership.
- Gathering and understanding key customer insights
- Performing analysis of technology and market trends while developing a market growth opportunity analysis within the industry
- Lead ideation sessions within the group to generate ideas of how to solve customer problems within the Commercial Personal Systems segment
- Collaborating with others across different businesses to create complete product solutions.
- Creating and managing effective content and processes for service offer positioning and messaging for regional partners, sales force and channel partners
- Working in partnership with downstream product management teams to ensure we have a strong story and strategy for Go-to-market and external launch messaging and positioning
- Consistently perform competitive analysis against top industry players to ensure our lineup is differentiated and competitive
- Support growing the business plan for the DaaS team and manage products/solutions to meet revenue and profitability goals in line with team targets.
- Developing marketing process enhancements to ensure that the overall services marketing process can grow and scale with the business.
- Preparing key executive and external product strategy presentations
- Medium to high knowledge of IT and services industry.
- In-depth knowledge of company organization and policies, HPs services offerings, end to end processes, tools, and routes to market.
- Problem detection and analysis of root cause.
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve results, exercise independent judgment and handle unique situations to accomplish goals in tight time frames.
- Demonstrated skills in planning and financial analysis.
- Medium level of planning, project management and change management skills. Project and change management training and certification as appropriate.
- Good presentation skills. Ability to influence different functions, geographies, and the ability to build strong consensus. Impacts internal and external clients on WW basis.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top