Personal Systems Software Interns - Security
- Spring, TX
Security Undergrad Internship for Commercial PC R&D - Security and SW Architecture Team
Innovation is in HP's DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world's leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Join us for a 12-week paid summer internship designed to let you apply your classroom learnings to real world challenges. Our internships have a thoughtful balance of networking, executive speakers, community involvement, big meaty projects (no paper filing here!) and fun!
Join a team of engineers and senior architects in the development of software solutions and road maps to deliver inventive and cutting-edge solutions for the Windows/Mobile/Cloud environments. Our team is responsible for assessing the security risk of production level software and driving solutions that reduce security risk.
HP is leading the way producing secure PCs. Software interns will work with seasoned engineers assessing software security and developing tools to make this work more efficient. Interns will work on new products and solutions to minimize the security threat landscape for our customers.
- Perform security assessments using application penetration techniques to find new and existing vulnerabilities in Windows PC application, firmware, and drivers.
- Use your knowledge of security essentials to help the team automate tasks and take security assessments to the next level.
- Deliver assessments and reports on findings and discoveries to the security team.
- Benefit by networking with security technologists, architects, and other leaders in the industry.
- With coaching and feedback, you will present project deliverables and your findings in an HP Houston-wide event
- Developing and processing analytics for security features
- Building new tools and proof of concept ideas with various program languages
4 year Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, SW Engineering. 1st or 2nd year Masters Degree in some area of Computer Security.
Back to top