Personal Systems Marketing Planning and Operations Manager
We are looking for a Planning and Operations Manager to join Personal Systems Marketing. This role will directly support the Director of US Consumer Marketing in a chief-of-staff-like capacity, and report directing into Strategy, Planning and Operations Manager, PS Americas Marketing.
- Facilitate planning and budget management with the US Consumer team to ensure Campaign Managers are clear on their respective deliverables and meeting the timelines.
- Establish marketing budget allocations across initiatives and manage ongoing adjustments (including foundational and travel budgets).
- Prepare campaign performance presentation summaries for reviews with senior management.
- Act as the liaison with AMS Regional Marketing Operations on planning, operations, and budget.
- Consolidate view of Opex and Alliance/partner funding for reporting purposes.
- Support team with various operational needs and provide guidance to Campaign Managers on operational and budgetary changes.
- Identify and execute process improvement projects.
- Manage various tasks and projects as needed to maintain efficiency within the US Consumer Marketing team.
- Develops and drives comprehensive recommendations, based on analysis, emerging trends, and experience.
- Counsels, recommends approaches for executing high-level strategies and develops creative solutions.
- Manages proactive planning activities and priority projects.
- Decision-making implications extend to multiple functions and/or businesses, and impact the business directly.
Education and Experience Required
- 5+ years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, or related functional area.
- University degree required, with demonstrable equivalent experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent analytical thinking and data manipulation skills.
- Superior business acumen, professionalism and knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
- Understanding of performance goals, metrics and concepts
- Process and detail-oriented
- Expert in Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint)
- Experience with data management systems (i.e. MRM, business reporting tools, performance metrics)
- Ability to understand details, yet create a story behind the data that is appropriate for executive discussions (visual and contextual)
- Prior HP experience a plus
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top