Personal Systems Design, Summer Intern – Industrial Design
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as blended reality technology, immersive computing, commercial PCs, tablets, notebooks, printing, and leading innovation in 3D printing that will revolutionize the manufacturing industry like never before. We engineer
experiences that amaze.
With the heart and energy of a start-up and the brain and muscle of a Fortune Global 100 corporation, our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
The award-winning HP Design team has internship openings for passionate individuals with great creative skills, talent and imagination to work in our Design Studios. We are searching for key talent to join our designers in envisioning the future of compute.
- Conceptualize advanced concepts and ideas: new ways to do things; new products; new form factors; new experiences
- Communicate your ideas through sketching, storyboarding and creating models
- Collaborate with human factors, R&D, procurement, product management, marketing and manufacturing
- Connect concepts to HP's portfolio, our users, our business, our markets
- Design to anticipate global macro trends, emerging technologies
- Identify user needs & opportunities
- Safe-guard patentable inventions by documenting them visually and with well written supporting narrative, and submitting these as patent disclosures on behalf of HP Inc.
- Be a great storyteller: tell exciting stories that inspire
- Trace new paths towards innovation & design excellence for HP Inc.
- Keen eye for detail, good taste
- Good understanding of design principles and theories
- Good sketching & visualization skills (on paper, on screen using a Wacom tablet)
- Good presentation skills - strong ability to communicate through sketches and renders
- Good balance of aesthetic sensitivity & mechanical aptitude
- Ability to analyse / research / identify and solve problems
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (mastery in English language preferred)
- Good MS Office skills (PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Fluent in 2D drawing software (Illustrator preferred)
- Fluent in 3D CAD surfacing (Solid Works preferred; ProE, Rhino, Alias acceptable)
- Fluent in Photoreal editing (Photoshop preferred)
- Fluent in ID rendering (Keyshot preferred)
- Open mind / thirst to learn / passion to explore new things this is of crucial importance.
- Openness to receiving design feedback, and to being challenged to go above & beyond
- Team player attitude, self-motivation, professionalism, organizational & inter-personal skills.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- fabrication processes (injection molding, stamping, casting, machining, etc)
- surface treatments (paint, anodize, vacuum metallization, powder coating, etc)
- application of materials in design (fabrics, organic materials, plastics, metals, etc)
- create dynamic product animations is a great plus (Keyshot preferred)
- create and edit videos is a great plus (Premiere and/or After Effects preferred)
Education and Experience Required:
High School Degree 3rd Year of University completed--typically a technical degree with industrial design specialization.
Back to top