People Manager, Commercial Notebooks Platform Development Management
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
This role is responsible for leading a team of Platform Development Managers t manage HP Commercial Notebooks platforms.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for an organization of multiple subordinate managers and individual contributors coordinating, managing, and leading programs to drive the engineering development and implementation of products and service offerings.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engages with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, includinghiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 10 or more years of work experience in Notebooks R&D org, including 5 or more years of people management experience.
- Strong background in Hardware Electrical Engineering is highly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in managing human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting Strong understanding of HP's policies and processes.
Back to top