Partner Service Consultant --Printing - North UK
This is an important position responsible for improving channel partners' ability to succeed with HP's A3 portfolio, including LaserJet and PageWide products. People in these roles will act as trusted advisors and champions for top channel partners for service communication and technical issue resolution to optimize
HP supplies and product growth and partner success. These positions will be located in strategic geographic sites, close to partners to be supported. They will operate in close partnership with Global Business Unit Region Marketing and Sales teams, as well as HP Customer Support Channel Service Delivery Management and HP Customer Support Delivery teams.
- Provide a single point of contact for service managers at major partners deploying and supporting HP's Channel Partner portfolio (A3 LaserJet and PageWide)
- Proactive Support:
- Gather feedback, provide access to existing documentation and support tool set, fleet support reporting
- Find broken processes, improve communications, fix breakdowns, define system improvements
- Provide input into support improvements and process improvements
- Reactive Support:
- Elevate Customer Support and Global Business Units attention on unresolved issues to find and fix hot problems
- Provide an escalation path into Customer Support and Global Business Units on parts or service issues
- Apply deep and broad office printing technical background and knowledge of copier industry trends to manage critical channel partner relationships.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for channel partners.
- Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on the most complex issues.
- Resolve technical and business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
- Provide expert consulting on a specific technology, application, service offering or market segment.
- Deliver strategic account support through proactively maintaining high-level technical, operational expertise and understanding of industry trends.
- Anticipate, understand, and position the perception of system problems and deliver service needs at different management and functional levels.
- Lead consulting with partner delivery teams in planning, delivering, and managing complex support design, deliver, and manage delivery of office printing solutions.
- Maintain high-level expertise in area of focus and stay abreast of future technology directions.
- Consult with executive customer management to achieve partner operations excellence.
Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field, or equivalent experience. Masters of Business Administration preferred.
- 10 plus years of support, engineering, and technical experience with office copiers and office printing providers. Preferred to have additional experience with scanners, printers, MFPs, and similar products.
- Experience working across organizations.
- Process improvement and process implementation experience, especially with complex, distributed systems. Project Management Professional or Lean Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Greater than 50% travel required.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top