Partner Business Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies basic foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for standard information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Supports sales by analyzing opportunities, and communicating sales collateral within their area of focus.
- Achieves assigned quota for assigned HP products services, and software.
- Transactional selling working within a team of selling professionals.
- Influences partners to create and maintain their HP funnel.
- Influences partner account manager or end user sales team on the partners' capabilities and merits.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal and SBC practices.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 1-3 years of selling experience at end user account or partner level.
- Experience developing positive relationships and solving customer problems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel.
- Basic understanding of HP's organization & operations, including key business rules, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives.
- Basic understanding of a specific set of HP's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of HP's offerings, and overcome objections
- Effectively sells HP offerings by building strong relationships, and promoting HP's strengths.
- Develops account plans with partner to grow HP's share of the business.
- Partners effectively with others to ensure coordinated, efficient account management.
- Basic understanding of pipeline management.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top