Partner Business Manager - Coastal Region
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for extremely complex information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Promotes HP offerings to become a key part of the partner's business and solutions; May be brought by partner to sell HP brand to end-customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales growth.
- Achieves assigned quota for HP products, services and software.
- Transactional and relationship selling working within, and influencing, a team of selling professionals.
- Creates, fills-in and manages HP funnel for deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales activities.
- Actively engages HP resources and senior executives to build strategic relationships with the partner which ensures long- term business opportunities for HP.
- Provides the business rationale and risk assessment for making HP investments in the partner.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal and SBC practices.
- May drive SOW growth with distributors who are managing small partners on behalf of HP.
- May recruit and develop business relationship with new partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 8-12 years of selling experience at end- user account or partner level.
- Experience selling to partners in a complex environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning and business models.
- Thorough understanding of HP's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with HP GBU go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure and business model.
- Thorough understanding of HP's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of HP's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells HP offerings by building strategic relationships with partner decision makers; aligning partner and HP processes; and promoting HP programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of the business and HP's share.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across HP sales teams and across business groups.
- Thorough understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners/other sales teams members.
(Preference will be given to members from designated groups, i.e. EE in accordance with the Employment Equity Act. However, this does not suggest that the process of recruitment excludes members from non-designated groups.)
Back to top