Partner Business Manager (BC/AB)
The HP Partner Business Manager (PBM) is a vital member of the Canadian Supplies Sales Group. This position is based in British Columbia or Calgary.
The Supplies-specific Sales Team will focus on achieving revenue, profit, and growth objectives by driving preference for HP Supplies and developing and executing on the Canadian Supplies strategy across various routes to market. The team will employ a customer first, sales driven attitude, and growth mindset towards aggressively achieve goals. Collaboratively, the team will develop strategies and execute on plans that deliver results on priorities; as well will provide leadership throughout the organization on the Supplies business.
Priorities for this team include, but are not limited to: driving aftermarket growth profitably through accretive share gain; accelerating Printer unit placements by utilizing usage data to propel Supplies opportunities; collaborating with category, channel, and field teams; working closely with our channel and customers continuing to improve channel health and elevating customer experience.
The PBM is responsible for driving the overall category growth, profitability and relationship management, demand forecasting and funds management. The PBM is a Supplies focused HP Sales Representative responsible for driving HP original supplies (HP ink, toner, paper, and storage media) share within a set of named resellers accounts within the Independent Reseller Channel & Contract Stationer.
- Drive strategic engagement between HP senior management and senior management of the Independent Reseller & Contract Stationer Channels in Canada.
- Engage in conversations around the strategic sell-in and sell-out of HP original supplies.
- Manage HP original supplies business in Canada through effective account planning process (assortment, promotion, advertisement, operations, etc.) driving over quota revenue performance and market share gains with these reseller partners.
- Develop additional opportunities to sell HP original supplies to key reseller end user customers.
- Represents HP to the Independent Reseller Channel & Contract Stationer Channels in all sales oriented activities, including marketing, advertising, sales, promotions, training, etc.
- Establish a professional working relationship (up to the executive/ownership levels) with the reseller partner, and develop a core understanding of the unique business needs of the partner within their area of specialty.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for standard information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Supports sales by analyzing opportunities, and communicating sales collateral within their area of focus.
- Achieves assigned quota for assigned HP products services, and software.
- Transactional selling working within a team of selling professionals.
- Influences partners to create and maintain their HP funnel.
- Influences partner account manager or end user sales team on the partners' capabilities and merits.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal and SBC practices.
Education and Experience Required
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 1-3 years of selling experience at end user account or partner level.
- Experience developing positive relationships and solving customer problems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel.
- Basic understanding of HP's organization & operations, including key business rules, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives.
- Basic understanding of a specific set of HP's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of HP's offerings, and overcome objections
- Effectively sells HP offerings by building strong relationships, and promoting HP's strengths.
- Develops account plans with partner to grow HP's share of the business.
- Partners effectively with others to ensure coordinated, efficient account management.
- Basic understanding of pipeline management.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top