Partner Business Manager
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for more advanced information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Supports sales by analyzing opportunities, and communicating sales collateral within their area of focus. May be brought in by partner to sell HP brand to end customers.
- Achieves assigned quota for HP assigned products , services, and software
- Transactional selling working within a team of selling professionals.
- Influences partners to create and maintain their HP funnel.
- Influences partner business manager and/or end user sales teams on partners' capabilities and merits.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal and SBC practices.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 3-5 years of selling experience at end user account or partner level.
- Experience developing positive relationships and solving customer problems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel, including competitive positioning
- Understanding of HP's organization & operations, including key business rules, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure.
- Understanding of a select set of HP's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of HP's offerings, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells HP offerings by building strategic relationships with partner contacts; and promoting HP programs and offerings.
- Develops account plans with partner to grow HP's share of the business.
- Partners effectively with others to ensure coordinated, efficient account management.
- Understanding of pipeline management basics and ability to explain benefits to partners.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top