Partner Business Manager
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Coordinates/Owns account plans for commercial accounts in the account planning process.
- Focuses on deals/opportunities and value and/or volume portfolio management, and selling a range of HP products and solutions.
- Uses specialty to leverage existing opportunities in account.
- Establishes a professional working relationship (up to the executive level) with clients, focusing mainly on specialist buyers, e.g. IT.
- Analyzes win/loss rates and drive recommendation to improve ratios
- Works with and leverages external partners to deliver solution sale.
- Refers HP volume products and certain value products to other specialists or partners as needed.
- Utilizes the support of pre- sales and specialists, and depending on account coverage with inside sales to lead deal pursuit.
- Responsible for achieving/managing quota based on regional guidelines
- Enters and is accountable for all opportunities in pipeline tools and processes. Recommends and Implements Pipeline management practices.
- Ability to implement margin recovery activities/strategies in full ownership of the account or in partial ownership depending on account coverage.
- Acts as a first interface for owned accounts in collaboration with members of global business teams.
- May Train/Coach and lead Inside account reps/Inside Sales
- Contributes to or designs sales policy and strategy for assigned business segment.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products.
- Typically 3-5 years of experience as referenced above.
- Account management experience required
- Experience in product specialty (computers, printers, servers, storage)
- Possible experience in industry.
- Inside Account experience of large commercial of large complexity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid IT acumen and how to align with specific HP services or product lines.
- Partner organization intelligence aligned with partner management skills.
- Assess solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine qualify- in/quality-out status.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - from proposal to contract sign off.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the value proposition for the customer.
- Ability to utilize resources effectively in or order to pursue revenue generating opportunities in the account.
- Ability to understand the customer's business issues and translate to HP solutions.
- Enough knowledge about product, services and client's core business, to be able to sell transactionally, as well as generate leads.
- Ability to prioritize and drive strategic sales activity on multi-product basis or solution basis.
- Competitive selling skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top