Parcel Program Manager AMS
The Strategic Procurement manager will have the flowing charter:
Procuring for the AMS region the parcel services to build solutions that are delivering consistent and predictable performance to HP customers and stakeholders while achieving cost savings goals. Supporting (regional) logistics and (regional) supply chain teams by procuring best in class cost & services through ongoing solution innovation, benchmarking while securing procurement compliance to support business goals and to amaze our internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities but not limited to:
- Lead RFI/RFQ & target negotiation
- SOW Contract management
- Carrier Relationship management
- Deliver (MIB) cost savings
- Rate card management
- Cost & spend management.
- Drive process improvement with partners to reduce cost
- Procure capacities to support business needs
- Enhance and standardize procurement tools and processes
- Analyzing market intelligence on suppliers / services / industry trends & benchmarking
- Define parcel procurement strategies
- Project support/ Support BU & Ops initiatives
The Strategic Procurement manager can query and process complex logistics/RFQ data and performs analysis and interpretation of this data and transfer this data into recommendations and management information to drive the correct business decisions. He/she has an e2e understanding of (procurement) process and business requirements and dependencies.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads a complex individual supply chain sub-category; including data and industry analysis; reports results to senior managers.
- May lead an international, cross-functional team.
- Meets with Stakeholder senior managers to understand business priorities and translate them into supply chain strategies; influence the industry and marketplace within moderately complex marketplace categories.
- Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling tools.
- Leads Supplier Selection Activities.
- Drives supply base optimization.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with complex suppliers.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of large, moderately complex suppliers.
- Partners with suppliers in minor strategic development.
- Provides input on risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operation strategies.
- Assesses current and evolving business models in the marketplace.
- Identifies challenging contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using known solutions.
- Advises senior level business leaders on contract risk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years Parcel transportation industry background
- 5 years logistics or supply chain procurement experience
- Business logistics, Supply Chain management or other relevant degree
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- High-level of Independence
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and complex suppliers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and applications.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Excellent team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to create a contract from standard HP or customized contract templates with limited supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify challenging contact risk areas.
- Capable of drafting contract solutions in known contract risk areas to obtain acceptable outcomes with limited supervision.
- Strong understanding of contracting principles.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Strong understanding of HP.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top