PageWide Web Press Operations Writing Systems Engineer
Become part of one of HP's most successful new enterprises, PWP, the HP PageWide Web Press organization. PWP develops, installs, and supports HP web presses all over the world. It is an exciting, fast-paced, and growing business. We are looking for a Product Engineer, System Interaction Engineer, or Reliability engineer to join our Operations Engineering team. This engineer will help us solve complex print head and/or press issues and improve the quality and reliability of our products for our customers. The focus for this engineer will be on the new HDNA printhead architecture and Tier 4 customer support.
- Respond to customer concerns about PQ and printhead issues.
- Investigate and determine causes of issues.
- Develop short term, immediate solutions or improvements.
- Develop long term solutions.
- Work with team to improve printhead life and reduce the number of pens failing under warranty, to improve TCE and lower the cost to HP.
- Qualify changes/improvements.
- Implement continuous improvement cycles, including capturing information, documenting it appropriately, and communicating information to our regional service partners.
- Work with R&D on the reliability the HDNA pen architecture
- Travel to customer sites, as needed (~once per half).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- > 5 years working with HP TIJ technology is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid experience with inkjet print head technology and designs
- Familiarity with common printhead failure modes
- Strong customer focus
- Detail-oriented, desire and proven ability to use data and analytical methods to investigate/solve issues
- Ability to work across the broader organization, local and remote, including R&D, SC, pen partner organizations, and service organizations.
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated history of excellent organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Ability to understand and weigh both business and technical aspects of a situation, ultimately driving for an optimized solution.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top