Packaging Marketing Manager
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Deliver a solution with sound value proposition.
- Execute marketing plan or a solution through cross- functional alignment and coordination.
- Based on an understanding of customer/segment needs, ensure sales force is fully armed with materials and messages and provide sales teams with technical and business assistance for targeted industry and customer segments.
- Create positioning, messaging, sales support and solution content within a customer segment or industry context
- Identify/develop innovative/ breakthrough program metrics/benchmarks.
- Identify/align cross-functional and/or cross-organizational teams as needed to plan and execute near-term GTM plans and budgets.
- Direct the development of messaging framework and content for marketing programs and vehicles.
- Mastery knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build, manage and influence direct reports and virtual teams
- Strong understanding of B2B marketing activities with the graphic arts industry
- Strong understanding of online marketing, Social media
- Strong background with sales process management, specifically with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketo and Aprimo
- In-depth understanding of cross-geographic competitive environment
- In-depth knowledge industry, segment, commercial and consumer large accounts
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills
- Ability to interface effectively with executive management and functional disciplines
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years marketing experience in capital expense equipment industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools.
- Experience in developing and driving consistent field adoption of industry/segment message.
- In-depth knowledge of industry or customer segments, offerings/strategy and demand generation program.
- Familiarity with and/or experience in partner marketing.
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build and manage virtual teams.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines.
- Excellent influencing and consensus-building skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top