Packaging Commodity Analyst, Strategic Procurement
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
If you are our Packaging Commodity Analyst in Taiwan, you will have a chance to
- The primary roles and responsibilities of the commodity managers are:
- Own and develop the packaging supplier relationships - key business interface with the supply base
- Develop and execute packaging commodity strategy. Clearly document and communicate commodity strategies to guide our development partners
- Participate and lead supplier RFQ and supplier rationalization
- Accountable and responsible for managing all commodity spend and delivering material cost savings
- Lead the analysis of a specific commodity data and industry trends or lead an individual supply chain subcategory
- Manage commodity long term forecasting and supplier capacity planning
- Meet all NPI business requirements by working with internal partners(procurement engineer, BU Ops and R&D project team) and external partners(Manufacturing partners and suppliers)
- Negotiate and contract with suppliers. Identifies contract risk areas
- Assess the supply base capability. Monitor and evaluate supplier performance, conduct yearly performance review.
- Manage supply base risk, develop business continuity plans and execute risk mitigation strategies
- Continually improve component supply chain efficiency and responsiveness
- Performs tasks as assigned and applies experience to align individual work with overall strategy using discretion and judgment
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience. May have advanced university degree.
- About 3 years of experience in procurement related function or packaging industry.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, packaging industry, and suppliers.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills. Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities. Strong Project Management Skills. Good ability to develop suppliers.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills; Good influencing skills.
- Mastery in English in both writing and speaking.
- Solid understanding of fundamental contracting principles.
- Ability to create a contract using standard HP contract templates with supervision. Applies cause and effect thinking to identify common contract risk areas. Capable of applying prepackaged contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes.
- Excellent cultural knowledge of supplier locations.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top