New Graduate-IT Strategic Procurement Manager
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads a complex individual supply chain sub-category; including data and industry analysis; reports results to senior managers.
- May lead an international, cross-functional team.
- Meets with Stakeholder senior managers to understand business priorities and translate them into supply chain strategies; influence the industry and marketplace within moderately complex marketplace categories.
- Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling tools.
- Leads Supplier Selection Activities.
- Drives supply base optimization.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with complex suppliers.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of large, moderately complex suppliers.
- Partners with suppliers in minor strategic development.
- Provides input on risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operation strategies.
- Assesses current and evolving business models in the marketplace.
- Identifies challenging contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using known solutions.
- Advises senior level business leaders on contract risk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and complex suppliers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and applications.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Excellent team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to create a contract from standard HP or customized contract templates with limited supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify challenging contact risk areas.
- Capable of drafting contract solutions in known contract risk areas to obtain acceptable outcomes with limited supervision.
- Strong understanding of contracting principles.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Strong understanding of HP.
Back to top