.Net/UI Application Software Engineer
This position can be seated in Houston, Austin, San Diego, Corvallis or Vancouver, WA
Job Description Summary
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- Multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- Tablets, phablets, notebooks
- Mobile workstations
We are seeking a .Net/UI Application Software Engineer to join our team and help drive successful delivery of an online ordering application for consumer printer ink and toner supplies supporting the sales eco-system including partner resellers and channel management solutions.
- Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned application, identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements
- Participates as a member of project team of software applications engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications
- Collaborates and communicates with internal partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert level in C# and .Net technologies
- Ability to performance tune on Front End as well as Back End components/services
- Expert level in error handling strategies
- Strong experience in Web Services creation/integration Web API, REST etc.
- Experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Strong OO design with emphasis on design patterns including MVC
- Mobile Development experience (iOS, Android, Hybrid ) is an advantage
- AWS DevOps experience is an advantage
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top