NA Laserjet Consumer Demand Planner
General Job Description
- Act as the demand planner for the North America Market for Consumer Laser jet portfolio
- Coordination of demand requirements into the Canon Manufacturing organization
- Partner with category marketing organization, enabling an inventory plan that meets objective of the regional team.
Demand Signal Management
Accountable for demand signal management for assigned PL/Country combinations. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Actively manage the weekly demand signal to ensure enablement of goals (i.e. revenue flash, inventory, etc.). This involves a SKU level understanding of the products and the ability to speak to the data as needed.
- Actively work with category forecaster to ensure weekly and monthly signals are aligned and differences are understood. Proactively call out forecast 'bias' and help to drive changes as necessary (i.e. mitigate driving excess inventory).
- Understanding sell-through, CI, big deals, WOS goals, routes, country level forecasts, etc. and using this information to influence the demand signal.
- Actively work with account operations team on rolling 12 week plans, enabling and supporting promotional strategies of each account.
Accountable for inventory management for assigned PL/Country combinations. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- SKU level understanding of supply coverage to forecast and flash.
- Ensuring inventory is available per published commits
- Proactively working with supply team when demand signal is not being met.
- Proactively working re-balances of shorts and longs with AMS peers.
- Proactive management of aged inventory.
Serve as the key interface between the OPS Operations and our partners for assigned PL/Country combinations. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure the accuracy of customer commits in US & CA.
- Work closely with category to understand dynamics around your products (i.e. deals, promotions, share goals, fiscal goals, etc.).
- Actively participate in Category Operations Team (COT) and other weekly forums to understand and help obtain required business results.
- Respond quickly to inquiries regarding availability, TAT, etc. Ensure commitments are both accurate and timely.
- Drive execution process improvements where needed (i.e. Improve collaboration activities, weekly execution cadence, etc.).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
- Identifies cutting edge analytical tools, models and methods for making key business decisions.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Very Strong project management skills, with capability to manage cross functional teams in multiple geographies.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong understanding of HP's overall supply chain strategy.
- Excellent understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), ATP and master scheduling.
- Excellent understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory modeling and analysis.
- Strong leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management.
Engage in project related activities as assigned. Act as the subject matter expert (SME) on these projects which include, but is not limited to: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. Specific assignments will be added throughout the year.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top