MPS IT Developer
We are HP, you know what we do. You may not know that Managed Services IT inside HP is delivering innovative solutions using technologies including Node.js AngularJS and deploying into AWS. Join our team and push the envelope on agile processes and open source technologies.
You take ownership for your work, desire to stretch your abilities, and are comfortable in an agile development environment. Experience is invaluable, but enthusiasm and interest are more important. We are willing to take a chance on someone who wants to step up.
Our team is searching for a motivated and experienced software developer to help us build cutting edge software solutions. Working in a collaborative team environment where everyone is treated equally no matter the geography. Your career at HP will allow you to contribute to all phases of software development from initial project specification through deployment. Using agile practices you will have the opportunity to create new functionality, integrate the latest technologies, and maintain systems that benefit HP and our customers around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis:
- Github Enterprise
- ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash
- Establish continuous delivery (CD) pipelines to fully automate deployment of the highly available, mission critical applications
- Ensure the systems are running smoothly and being monitored, and respond to issues as they arise
- Ensure that developers are never doing repetitive tasks, and that the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves
- Implement security policies according to industry best practices
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Very strong scripting and automation skills - you believe you can automate everything
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, ELB, S3, ECS, RDS, SQS, SNS, Lambda, etc...)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like Jenkins
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Data management skills
- Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Understanding Business Process Re-Engineering (BPR)
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience with the MEAN stack is preferred (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS and Node.js)
- Experience with distributed systems. Tangible experience implementing Microservices (Rest Services - small and dynamic) a significant benefit.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, DevOps etc. preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts. Experience with Oracle and SQL Server preferred. Familiarity with NoSQL databases a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top