Mgr Operational Process Mgmt II
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors and Manager Is that support multiple highly complex business segments.
- Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
- Responsible for setting and monitoring annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Consults with business leaders to discuss and affect overall trajectory of the business.
- Networks with other groups to share knowledge and drive own business segments' interests.
- Oversees resolution of issues affecting team.
- Responsible for workforce planning and cost saving decisions, such as outsourcing, hiring, and firing.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in a business related function, preferably sales, finance, banking, or IT.
- Typically 2-4 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation) to develop relationships across businesses. Mastery in English and local language as well as other languages as required.
- Superior analytical skills with respect to performance metrics; ability to make decisions based on minimal input to improve or maintain metrics.
- Strong understanding of HP's operations outside own business.
- Exceptional financial and business acumen; in-depth business and industry knowledge.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, including goal-setting, conflict resolution, performance management, budget planning, problem solving, valuation and employee engagement.
- Advanced strategic thinking skills.
Back to top