Mergers and Acqusitions Senior Analyst
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
- Provide pro-active support to the M&A team in all active pursuits for all finance and accounting related aspects
- Active engagement with external firms during financial due diligence phase to review the historical financials, identify areas needing attention, quality of assets and earnings
- Superior understanding of financial models and valuation techniques
- Good understanding and application knowledge of M&A accounting rules under US GAAP and SEC Rules
- Lead role in engagement with Valuation Specialist to finalize the purchase price allocation, including review of the assumptions
- Finalize and record purchase price accounting entries Engage and work with 3rd party consultants for all other M&A needs
- Ensure accounting for all acquisition and divestiture is in compliance with US GAAP and SEC rules
- Monitor and project manage the post acquisition integration activities and work with all relevant stakeholders to ensure seamless integration / divestiture
- Frequent interaction with business group, corporate controller and other corporate departments
- Leads complex financial analysis and exercise a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting, as relevant
- Consults with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope
- Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally
- Responsible for maintaining strong control environment - actively reviews, analyzes, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Standards of Business Conduct (SBC), Accounting Financial Manual (AFM). Manages relationship with external stakeholders (e.g., valuers, consultants, auditors)
- Ability to influence within a broad scope.
Education and Experience Required:
First level university degree (finance or accounting); advanced finance / accounting certification preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred. Strong technical accounting skills Typically 10+ years of experience in a finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across countries.
- Excellent communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences.
Back to top