Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
- Provide accounting support to the Mergers and Acquisitions team
- Assist in accounting and financial due diligence
- Provide post acquisition support - integration of accounting policies and procedures, migration / harmonization of accounting systems
- Finalization of purchase price allocation
- Provides standardized monthly reporting and occasional ad hoc reporting related to target company performance: closing books of accounts, review country / region Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, and Statements of Cash Flows.
- Identify variances and engage with stakeholders to ascertain reasons / business drivers
- Prepare commentary and variance analysis for management
- Research accounting issues and provide guidance based on current AFM (Accounting and Finance Manual) policy.
- Prepare support reports for SEC, Tax, and Legal.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, CA MBA, CIMA) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., SAP Business Warehouse, YOTTA, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint).
Back to top