Mergers and Acquisition Counsel
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is ranked among the Top Companies to work. Among the recognition's include, One of the World's Most Attractive Employers by Universum Global, One of the Top Companies for Women Technologists by Anita Borg Institute, One of the Top 10 Fortune 500 Companies Millennial's are most excited to work for by Survey Monkey, and Working Mother 100 Best Companies for 27 years. Furthermore, HP has received two consecutive Diversity Leader Awards from Profiles in Diversity Journal. HP was also awarded the Gold Medal by World Environment Center for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development.
Big thinkers wanted
We are a global team of 50,000+ inventors, ready to take on the world. We're looking for big thinkers to be the next leaders at HP!
We truly believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work.
Now it's your turn! It's up to you to make the world a better place to live and work. We are here to help you achieve that and be the best version of you.
HP is looking to recruit an attorney with M&A and securities experience, to join the Corporate Securities and M&A section of HP's Legal department. The attorney will work on HP's mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures and other corporate transactions. Working closely with HP's Corporate Development, Tech Ventures and integration teams and other cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, Tax, HR...), the attorney will actively manage M&A transactions from NDA through integration.
- Strong business judgment, ability to think strategically and to give practical advice.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization (executive management, corporate development, finance etc.) and to gain the trust and confidence of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and very international team, in a fast paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to make decisions, multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience Required:
- JD degree from top tier law school and membership in at least one state bar in the U.S.
- Minimum 4years of relevant Corporate, M&A legal experience.
- Relevant experience at a top-tier law firm required; in house experience is a plus
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Advanced experience leading multiple, highly complex, strategic, specialty law projects, issues, and transactions.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Awareness of how to operate successfully in the international legal environment.
- Advanced skills in negotiating or advising external and internal organizations on highly complex, high impact legal matters.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, networking and influence skills.
- Proactive and effective communicator of valuable information to clients and colleagues.
- English language skills to business standard required
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top