Mechanical Systems Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Mechanical BID Design Team in San Diego has an opening for a Mechanical System Engineer. Our charter is the development of strategic technology and components for the HP Indigo product line that contribute to the analog-to-digital conversion in the commercial and photo printing industry. The team collaborates closely with our partners in Israel. This person will be responsible for leading and working closely and collaboratively with R&D and Procurement teams in Israel and the USA to create innovative, high quality Mechanical Systems and solutions that are designed for manufacturing and meet all performance and cost goals. As a Mechanical System engineer, this person will drive not only the development of designs and systems solutions but also the test, integration and qualification of the new solutions and products in an HP Indigo Press. This person will contribute directly to the invention and development of new types of printing solutions and products. This position requires close partnership with the Indigo Division in Israel to maintain alignment on project plans and status, and advanced knowledge and the use of new design tools, concepts, materials, processes, equipment and suppliers. This opening is for a “hands on”experienced Mechanical Engineer withSystems experience and leadership skills who is comfortable working across technical disciplines and cultures.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job includes knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and System Engineering.
Job duties include:
- Understand LEP (Liquid Electro Photography) - Indigo Technology including physics, mechanics and material science.
- Design and execute experiments on Indigo Press and test beds using DOE, Robust Design and Root Cause concepts.
- Proficiency in Lab data acquisition and analysis tools (MatLab, JMP, etc.)
- Understanding of and direct experience with DFM and CPk analysis
- Understanding and use of problem solving and failure analysis methodology - firsthand knowledge of ATR or Lean Sigma tools is a plus
- Understanding and direct experience with productization and PLC (product life cycle)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to visualize product through customer's eyes
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with counterparts in Indigo Israel
- Management of complex technical inter-disciplinary and cross site projects
- Sharing technical leadership of BID mechanical team
Mechanical engineering duties:
- Perform engineering analysis, calculations, modelling for mechanical structures and in transmission and other fluidic systems
- Test and optimize systems and components for reliability and robustness systematically
- Design of components, tools, testing devices using CAD (PTC Creo Parametric)
- Establish and qualify manufacturing processes
System engineering duties include:
- Hands on experience in writing systems and color science
- Development of routines and control algorithms for printing, servicing and diagnostics
- Working knowledge of the operation of the Indigo press
- Understand and diagnose print quality defects, their causes and develop print quality metrics
- Design and execute experiments, stress testing, reliability testing, create reliability models
- Analyze consumables performance using customer data bases and statistical tools
- Qualification of changes to mechanical designs using a systems data driven statistical approach
- Education: B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in the following: mechanical engineering, system engineering and reliability
- High Want - 5 or more years of experience in system engineering or writing systems
- Ability to travel to Israel on as-needed basis (typically 2-3 times a year)
Ability to attend early morning meetings (7:00 AM are common
Back to top