Mechanical Hardware Engineer Current Products
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Provide Current Product Print Engine Hardware responsibility for the quality, reliability, and delivery of printer engines that are released to production and currently in the active supply chain. Applies developed knowledge and/or expertise to solve common and complex technical and business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Active participation in the design of products to ensure they are flexible and adaptable to customer needs and quality improvements. Acts as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
CPE Engineers within the Print Engine HW Team have a focus area of primary responsibility, but are expected to have overall product familiarity and an ability to address issues within their engineering discipline.
Primary Tasks include:
Monitor product performance and proactively identify opportunities for improving reliability.
Drive Hardware Quality improvement opportunity to improved performance for customers and for the LaserJet business.
Provide primary Engineering support for the Enterprise Print products:
Monitor and ensure response to communication (Canon Dialog, email, SKYPE, etc.)
- Manage and track all open Design Defects on product to countermeasure implementation and customer field response (DDT management)
- Manage Design Engineering Change Notifications/Engineering Change Approval Request (ECN/ECAR) processes, qualification tests, and schedule
- Manage Value Engineering (VE) project proposals, schedule, tests, and communication
- Represent and manage print engine Hardware issues at Early Product Life or Product Top Issues Meetings
- Serve as liaison to Firmware and Software Current Product Engineering, Product in Box solutions, Product Completion Engineering, HP Product Completion Centers, Hardware Technical Marketing, & Regulatory Engineering.
- Work with Product Generation Team to ensure successful introduction of next generation product. Provide feedback to Product Generation and Manufacturing to improve reliability of future products
- Participate in new product development team activity, generally focused on product manufacturing start of production, introduction to market, and Beta/Delta test environment
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top